Monday, January 27, 2014

Roar

Today was a harder day. Lots of time outs. More than a few spanks. A bright spot was enjoyed by all sometime mid afternoon when dance time was proclaimed and the latest usual suspects were summoned. And then Joey did some break dancing moves and a legit Chinese men's gymnastic floor routine, complete with that weird step-out move they do at the edge of the mat, and I was simultaneously left wondering what exactly I was doing so wrong in my parenting of him…or so very right.

Maybe listening to a regular mix of Katy Perry + T Swift and calling it music?

I did get 3 full Nalgene bottles of water down. I did get 3 miles on the elliptical after dinner. And I did complete the last piece of obligatory paperwork for said dancing king to start preschool bright and early tomorrow morning, thus affording mama 2 mornings each week where I'll be serving only very light parenting duty.

Win.

Big win.

How's your week going?

4 comments:

  1. I am in the throws of morning sickness, and I have a one year old who loves playing with toilets even if people are on them or getting sick in one. Lol. I have had better days. Just felt good to write that down somewhere. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My three-year-old is currently at his preschool class for the first time in TWO WEEKS (sickness and snow are at fault for that break), so at this very moment -- even though I've got a whirlwind of a day ahead of me -- I'm feeling pretty terrific. Congratulations on the dance party and the elliptical and ESPECIALLY the preschool thing. Enjoy, both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear all about pre-school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rigid step to the corner of the mat IS. MY. FAVORITE!

    ReplyDelete

Is your email linked to your comment? I'd love to respond to you directly, but I can't if it's not!