Thursday, July 26, 2012

Women, infants, children

I suppose Dave was spot-on with his withering critique of my go-to momiform, but I guess I didn't realize how right until the checker at King Sooper's asked me yesterday, in all seriousness, 'Is this WIC, or what?'

I blinked at him a couple of times and then realized he was asking if my cartfull of produce, canned tuna and refried beans was going to be paid for in foodstamps. Nice.

Since we've been reigning in the 'ol food budget I guess my haul does look suspiciously, well, healthy. Aka government subsidized? Or perhaps it was my two mewling children, a shocking 19 months apart, one of whom had wiped banana all up and down my sagging yoga pants.

It's all glamor up in here, all the time.

1 comment:

Is your email linked to your comment? I'd love to respond to you directly, but I can't if it's not!